Oley Valley Community Fair

Elizabeth Voight 2018 Pennsylvania State Fair Queen


On first day of fall (September 22), I traveled to northeast Pennsylvania to be a part of the Oley Valley Community Fair!  The fair President, Mr. Kevin Bieber, greeted me and gave me a wonderful tour of the fair!  All fairs are truly unique and one of the interesting events at this fair is the pumpkin growing contest.  This year's winner produced a pumpkin weighing over 700 pounds!  The food stands operating at Oley Valley were headed up by volunteers throughout the community.  The community presence was certainly evident throughout the fair!  I enjoyed eating the delicious french fries and a creamy vanilla milkshake.  Following the meal I spent the rest of my time working in the milkshake stand.  Thank you, Oley Valley Community Fair!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog Entry!

Manheim Community Farm Show